Find out more about our current volunteering opportunities.
The Box Ambassadors
Volunteers who connect people with their heritage and culture, advocating and inspiring on behalf of Plymouth’s world-class cultural development, The Box.
What does The Box mean to you? Is it a caretaker of significant collections, art works and archives? Is it a space to encourage learning and inspire creativity? Or perhaps it’s a landmark development for the city, putting Plymouth on the map as a destination? Whatever makes The Box important to you, pride, enthusiasm and a passion for engaging with people are just some of the qualities we’re looking for to make up our inspiring team of ambassadors.
As an Ambassador you can expect to complete a selection and interview process, a comprehensive induction and access an ongoing suite of training to support you in your role.
This exciting and varied role can take you all over the city in regular and flexible opportunities;
- With hard hats at the ready you can assist our construction team on monthly behind the scenes tours of our building site
- Inspire the next generation on our programme of family events and activities
- Advocate and inform at our community consultations
- Support the team at various public events and talks; setting up/packing down and sharing information about the project
- Collecting feedback and survey data to assist our important evaluation process
By getting involved you will join a passionate team, meet new and interesting people from all walks of life, gain industry experience and enhance your CV, and be part of an exciting city project.
Please get in touch at firstname.lastname@example.org for an application form and we’ll be in touch to discuss the next steps. Please contact Rebecca Wickes, Volunteering & Early Career Development Officer on 01752 306454 or at email@example.com if you’d like to know more.
We are holding an afternoon session at House of Fraser on 20 March 2018, 1pm to 5.30pm if you;d like to come and discuss this with us!